Crunch Time

It's the last five weeks of the semester. Which means...finals, papers, projects, and a whole mess of other things. I was looking at my schedule for the next four/five weeks and holy crap...I have a ton of stuff to do. I have three papers this week. Two next week. Two, possibly three the following week and the week after that. Why...how is it that I sign up for courses that are so writing intensive? I don't enjoy it when I'm forced to. I have a paper due in every single class at the end of the semester. And in one of my classes, we have an in-class exam as well. WTF?!

One of my classes assigns about two hundred pages to read...for the next class. Seriously? Well it's a good thing I'm not a full time student or taking other classes, otherwise this would be a real problem. Another professor says we should read an entire book and make sure we read it again before the exam. Are you for fucking real? I should be doing homework right now, but I'm too angry to focus. How can they assign so much work, where do we have time to eat and sleep? We don't! My department likes to give questionnaires to graduating seniors about the major to see what can be done to improve the program. My only issue? The incredible, crap amount of writing we have to do AND still have to take lower and upper division writing courses for core requirements. What's the point? We've been writing since elementary school, if we haven't proved our writing abilities by now, then what the fuck are we doing in college? It's problematic for me when sleep gets in the way of doing homework, or when going to class itself makes it difficult to get homework done because that's time away from studying. How utterly ridiculous.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really sucks. Unfortunately it's just one of those things you have to get through. I like to think that the injustices in college are really just ways to prepare us for the real world. You're doing great and you'll be that much more prepared when you finish!! Hang in there, we're rooting for you...

-Astrid

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers