Update on my life

It's been awhile since I posted anything. I guess quite a lot has happened but in general my life is pretty boring.

I was accepted into the University of Colorado Denver's School of Public Health program which was very exciting. Looks like I'm heading back to CO in the fall for school! I will admit that part of me was a little disappointed that I didn't get a chance anywhere else, but it is a very competitive field and I'm, alas, just not competitive enough. I love Colorado and am definitely looking forward to going back and seeing everyone but I did want to live and go to school elsewhere, but that's not to be. Oh well! I'm young and I can (and hopefully will) move somewhere else after school is over. There are many places I would like to go but we'll just have to wait and see where life ends up taking me! I'll be moving in with Venessa which will be lots of fun but totally different living with someone who isn't either Cara, Keelin or Ari! I can't wait though...although it is very nice not having to pay rent or pretty much anything. I really like not being in school. I miss parts of it but in general I don't miss it. I'm dreading going back to school but I have to. One semester is all the time I gave myself off and I will stick to that. If I take more time off...it'll be so much harder to go back.

In March I finally got a job at Silverline Montessori. I got a call from my parent's friend who works there and she told me that they are hiring and so I went in the next day and got the job on the spot (hallelujah)! I started that day too. First they put upstairs with the after school kids which was, not at all to my liking. The kids were too loud and too many. I wouldn't have minded being a teacher's assistant during regular school hours, but after school...no way. It felt like I was thrown into the lion's den. So I talked to Rene' about it and she told me to tell Sara about it right away cause they could put me elsewhere no problem. I did and now I'm a teacher in the infant room, which is much better, but it does get crazy in there too. Once one baby starts crying, six or seven of them start right after too. It's not easy at all, but I do love those kids. I very much like my job and I'm kind of dreading leaving it, but I have to in August. This has been a very rewarding experience so far and I intend on soaking up as much of it as I can until I have to say goodbye.

Other than that...nothing new is really going on in my life. I'm going to try to start saving money (opening a separate account for travel) so I can go to London next year sometime. I really, really, really, really want to go next May-ish to see London and meet my cousin and her family. I really hope that it comes true and something doesn't prevent me from going. I'll be really disappointed if I don't end up going. Fingers and toes crossed!

That's all the updating I have.

Oh and, blogspot needs some better templates. I'm not really fond of these templates on here and I'm pretty sure that plays a big role in why I don't update that much (yes I'm that strange).

Gonna go see if I can find some snazzier templates now. Ciao!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers