Moving on

Life is constantly changing and it feels like we're all just drifting away. But such is life eh? Life takes everyone down many different paths, we grow apart and sometimes remain apart. It happens for a reason. The last couple of days have been...interesting. Not for me, so much. My life is pretty much the same just dealing with school, getting ready to take the GRE in two weeks and applying to grad school is all I'm focusing on, and trying to spend as much time as I can with my friends before I move out of Colorado and on to Houston. I really, really hope that Texas is a very short-term move. If all goes according to 'plan', I'll only be there till approximately August and ready to move on with my life. I'm annoyed that I have to go there cause it just feels like my life will be put on hold for about six or seven months before I can begin to live again. Financially it makes the most sense to move there, but to move away from friends and almost family is going to be really tough...

I'm dreading it. I think I'd have an easier time with it if I was staying here till I moved on to grad school (cause then it'd be according to what I want not what my parents want for me), but life doesn't work out that way usually. I'll just have to make the best of it that I can. If anything...my cousin and his wife live in Houston too...so maybe it'll give me a chance to get to know them better? I'm trying really hard to find positives about this damn move, cause most of time I can't find any. And if I can't find any it'll make living in Houston even more miserable for me and I really don't want to be miserable because I prevented myself from focusing on any possible positive aspects to moving there. The way I've grown up...I'm not that close to my extended family cause they've all been scattered throughout the world. The people that I've been around my whole life are closer to me than most of my extended family, sometimes it sucks but I think it worked out ok. I wish I had had more of my family closer to me, but again, life doesn't go according to plan 99.9% of the time. I think the quote, "If you want to see God laugh make a plan" rings true for most. Cause, quite frankly, when life doesn't go according to plan, it sucks.

For now, I just want to take it one day at a time and enjoy the little time I have left in Colorado. I love this place so much and my parents don't seem to appreciate that. They're constantly telling me to move out of Colorado (which I do want to eventually on my OWN time) and experience life in other places. I definitely think that it's important for people to live in other places and become more open to the diversity in this world, but again, I'd rather do it on my own time. They don't want me to go to grad school here, well if it's the only school that accepts me and gives me some financial assistance I'm doing it. I don't care what they say about that...they aren't going to support me at all for grad school (and I don't want them to cause they are about 2-3 years from retirement they need to be financially secure without worrying about putting me through more schooling), so if that's what's best for me I'm doing it. Sometimes parents think they know what's best for you but sometimes it really IS NOT. Ah well...can't really do anything about that.

I have about less than two months left here...so till then it's time to see my friends and family friends and enjoy it. I'll miss them all dearly, but...we have facebook and skype and cell phones, etc to keep in touch. Trying to be positive about this is much harder than I thought it would be.

Blah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers